Saturday 4 April 2015

We Are Pregnant!



When Sushmita Sen was asked about the essence of a woman at the Miss Universe contest I remember her mentioning, among other things, that the origin of a child is a mother who is a woman and that is, in many ways, her essence. As I grew up, I realized as much as a woman has the gift of bringing a new life to the world, her essence by no means is restricted to being just a mother. But yes, being one is definitely something that is life changing, momentous to say the least. But so is being a father which I must tell you, is no mean feat. Fatherhood changes a carefree man in an instant, he becomes the father irrevocably bound to a new life. Something changes, responsibility and love for the progeny perhaps?? Parenthood, though something so routine, is an experience unique to each individual, to each couple.

Credit freedigitalphotos.net by Stuart Miles

I never thought that one day I would stand at the verge of being a mum. But here I am today 5 weeks into the journey already. Incredible really, judging by how impatient and impulsive I am. T always tells me ‘grow up D!’ Well, looks like I have to grow up after all. From college sweethearts to expecting parents, T and I have really come a long way.

Through this blog we hope to catalog our journey towards parenthood. The joys, apprehensions, excitement, every feeling under the rainbow really. As a couple we have always been unconventional, no sure how parenthood is going to change that though, if at all. Or, maybe we’ll just be the best unconventional parents we can be. Who knows? 

It’s a strange feeling to think that a new life is taking shape inside of me. What do I do? How do I do? What is right or what is wrong? I have so many questions and so does T. It has been a week since it was confirmed that we are pregnant. And since then T has been busy digging up one article after the other on pregnancy and child birth. I think by the time our baby is out, T will be ready with his thesis on what to read when expecting!

Tell me though will you join us in this journey? Will you? Well, we really hope you do. 

Until next time! 
Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Having a baby is one of the most wonderful, exiting, awesome, life changing events of your life. Congratulations to both of you! Stay healthy and blessed :)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say..